Scarletuser.com

Go Back   Scarletuser.com > Scarlet DSMC > Scarlet General Discussion > Scarletuser Archives

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Jannard
RED Digital Cinema

Default Scarlet... not the same.

We have changed everything about Scarlet because the market has changed and we have discovered a lot of things in the process. We have a new vision.

Wipe you minds of the past announced Scarlet. Forget the design and forget the price. It is all different now. We think you will be surprised. Glad we didn't take any deposits... :-)

Jim
Old 09-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Gojira
Native

Red face Price Increase?

I would assume that the price will be creeping up..........

what is the new aiming point?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
Killfilm
Bronze Member

Jim, i know we wont be dissapointed and we do understand the market. Scarlet wont be nothing short of awesome. Shoot for the sky
Old 09-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
blownapartstudios
Native

Default surprise

I'd be really surprised if I got an std (and I mean really surprised!!!)but i wouldn't be happy. Is this a good Kind of "blow you away" surprise??

I Know its RED and that usually means more than expected, But I was happy with where this was going. Please elaborate some.

I lost my red reservations to the housing market and was hoping to make it up with scarlet.

I have loved your vision so far and I think I can put a little faith in your obvious business sense. So please give out some more hints.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #5
Shawn Nelson
Native

Hmmm, Scarlet has now merged with the DSMC?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
Isaac Brody
Native

Whoa...

Hope we're still on target for early '09. Otherwise a lot of heads will explode. It would be awesome if it merged with the DSMC, or Scarlet's sensor changed. Let's hope.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
Verko
Native

Wow. Mind wipe - commence!

Can't wait to hear what's up. I loved the Scarlet goals; hope that they will still be met, with perhaps additional capability. I have no problem with it being more expensive to have better optics, better sensor, better whatever, but small size is very important to me. It's fine if it's cheaper too, but I'm more concerned with capability in a compact size. Especially as a B camera to my Red One, or as an A camera for more "independent" projects or for travel, as modern flight conditions make traveling with the Red One more difficult.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #8
Casey Green
Native

Smile

ohhhh. Hope is alive for the Interchangeable Lenses again! (?)
Old 09-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
Methane
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
Glad we didn't take any deposits... :-)

Jim
That definately sounds like a proce increase. No one would object to having put down a deposit, and then get a better camera, but it would be a problem if suddenly they couldn't afford it.

Great! and terrible. I'm sure the camera is much sweeter now, but it probably just jumped out of my price range. Sorry to be Bob Bummer over here, I guess we'll just have to wait for another announcement.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:01 AM   #10
Shawn Nelson
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Brody View Post
Whoa...

Hope we're still on target for early '09. Otherwise a lot of heads will explode.
Hopefully they've learned about shipping dates :-). I never thought a single Scarlet would ship before June 2009. My guess was working prototypes (and footage) at NAB 2009, then the first few units trickling out that summer. With this news, that could go further out.